During pregnancy, the body goes through numerous hormonal changes that can affect the skin in various ways. We have gathered some common changes that can occur in the skin and what you can do about it.
- Stretch marks: As the belly and other areas of the body grow, the skin can stretch and develop stretch marks. These appear as pink, red, or purple lines on the skin and may fade to a lighter color over time. We recommend using Love Lines if you want to minimize the appearance of stretch marks.
- Hyperpigmentation: Many pregnant women develop dark patches on their skin, particularly on the face, known as melasma or "pregnancy mask." This is due to increased levels of melanin in the skin. Always use sun protection when being outside to decrease the likelihood of hyperpigmentation Every Tone SPF.
- Acne: Some women experience acne during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester, due to hormonal changes. Ritual Serum helps decongest pores to prevent acne.
- Itching: Pregnant women may experience itching on the belly, breasts, and other areas of the body due to stretching of the skin. To calm the skin use Honey´s Body Oil.
- Skin sensitivity: Some women may find that their skin becomes more sensitive during pregnancy, making it more prone to irritation and rashes. Use a calming & soothing face cream Every Day Face Cream that is suitable for sensitive skin.